Moisture Barrier Bags
Moisture barrier bags, (or Mylar bags, alufoil bags or foil bags), are one of the most effective packing solutions currently available today. Moisture barrier bags can help protect against corrosive damage through humidity, grease, salt spray, aromas, moisture, oxygen as well as other airborne contaminants.
EDCO offer a variety of moisture proof, vapour proof and grease proof materials that all meet and exceed the following military specifications:
- MIL-PRF-22191-E-Type III
- MIL-DTL-117H-Type III-Class B-Style II
The materials that moisture barrier bags utilize are in place to prevent rust and corrosion on metals. However, the design also protects against the following:
- UV Rays
- Salt Spray
- Electrostatic Discharge
The expert team at EDCO offer their clients a selection of bags available in all shapes and sizes. The most standard requests they receive are for the following types of bags:
- Tear-Notch Bags. These type of bags feature a convenient feature that allow you to open and close sealed bags with ease.
- Flat Bags. This specific bag is the most simplest of designs with three closed sides and one open end.
- Flat Bottom Bags. Gusseted bags or pouches are some alternative names used from time to time. These bags come with a flat bottom and two sides, leaving one edge to seal. This type of bag also comes with no folds.
When it comes to deciding which moisture barrier bag is best for you, there are several factors to consider. These factors include:
- Dimensions of the items being packaged
- Materials of the items being packaged (steel, copper, plastic, wood etc.)
- Storage/shipping conditions
- Duration of storage
EDCO understand as well as anybody else the importance of proper protective packaging. From transporting advanced weapon systems to storing large vehicles, the correct military-spec packaging is essential to an items safety and integrity. Whether it´s static, moisture, insects or a combination of elements, the correct moisture barrier bag is essential.
Call EDCO today on 718-788-8108.